Lexington, S.C. – Aug. 14, 2015 – Avtec Inc. – the leading independent provider of pure Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) dispatch console systems for Land Mobile Radio (LMR) systems – will showcase public safety solutions for mission-critical environments at the Association of Public Communications Officials (APCO) International’s annual conference and exposition in Washington, D.C. from August 16-19.
Demonstrations in Avtec’s booth No. 955 will highlight the company’s fixed location and mobile voice and Radio over IP (RoIP) for fire, police, and emergency response dispatching. Avtec’s Scout™ software offers scalability for enterprise-level clients, and mobile dispatch options that operate on LTE and Wi-Fi environments for portability and flexibility in disaster situations, during special events, or for use in mobile command vehicles.
APCO show highlights include:
- Session presentations on IP communications, NG9-1-1 voice and radio solutions, cybersecurity, next-generation command centers, P25 best practices, and more;
- Previews of Avtec's latest Scout™ product release and mobile dispatching solution;
- The introduction of Avtec’s Radio Internet Protocol Communication Module (RIC-M) solution – a device that provides an affordable interoperable solution for integrating into Astro® conventional radio systems;
- Leading industry communications providers will exhibit:
- AT&T (Booth No. 1221) – broadband push-to-talk (PTT) integration with Avtec’s Scout dispatch system;
- DHS Science and Technology Directorate (Booth No. 1915) – a demonstration of Scout with the RIC-M device;
- Airbus DS Communications (Booth No. 1333) – P25 Phase 2 integration with Scout;
- Tait Communications (Booth No. 433) – Enable location with P25 voice dispatch and AVL integration; and
- Codan Radio Communications (Booth No. 1457) – Stratus P25 and LTE integration with Scout.
Additionally, session speaker Patti Kelly, director at Whitcom 911, will discuss the agency’s recent migration from a legacy analog dispatch console system to one built on open standards and a pure IP architecture during a session scheduled for 2:40 p.m. EST on Sunday, Aug. 16.
A limited number of appointments are available during the APCO show. To schedule a demonstration of Avtec’s Scout RoIP, mobile dispatch, RIC-M, P25 TDMA, and broadband PTT dispatch capabilities, register here: http://scout.avtecinc.com/apco2015.
About Avtec, Inc.
Avtec, Inc. provides pure Internet Protocol (IP) dispatch console solutions for the public safety, airline, railway, utility, business, and government markets. Since 1979, customers have chosen Avtec’s award-winning technology for their mission-critical dispatch centers. There are thousands of Scout Voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) consoles installed worldwide. Visit https://www.avtecinc.com to learn more.
-- 30 --